Sunday, July 6, 2008

I just could not resist


Last Sunday I bought an SUV. Not the Lexus RX 330 that I talked though. I bought a Ford Edge, which is a wonderful piece of SUV. It has all these bells and whistles like a panoramic roof, fake leather seats, sirus radio, and sync technology. I totally enjoy driving the truck and it has already been used to DJ an impromptu party.

I have driven the car much more than I would usually drive just to get used to it. I drove it to work (something I never do since it cost $20 to park downtown), I visited a couple extra friends to floss a bit, I even drove to Rockville during rush hour to meet up with Bonna (something else I usually would not do since people on the beltway lose all common sense during the 3pm-6:30pm hour).

But all this joy riding comes at a price. I have only had the truck a week and already spent $60 to fill it up. This gas experience helps me to better understand the "pain at the pump" some people deal with everyday, like those who commute long distances or who have lots of kids to shuttle around. I'm pretty blessed that I can afford to fill up for $60, but trust and believe this will not be a weekly occurrence. So if you haven't seen the car and want a glimpse, you'll have to stop by the Hopkins House or see me at the Landover metro station.

And since I am a brown thumb I did manage to get the Edge model which meets the California Emissions Standards, which are stricter emissions requirements than the federal government (EPA) requires.


In other news......

My bad for not posting last week, seeing that I was being anything but an environmentalist at the time I should have been blogging.

Brown Tip:

Put your trash in the trash can or it will end up on your plate!

I don't think people really know where their improperly disposed street trash ends up. Well, FYI, the trash from the street here in the DC metro area ends up in the Potomac River. Yeah that may not seem like a big deal since none of us will be taking a refreshing dip in the river, but when your drinking water also comes from the Potomac River, I highly doubt you'd like to see a cigarette butt in your glass.


3 comments:

rashad said...

For those of us who can't make it to the Hopkins Mansion or the Landover Metro station, you should take a picture of this SUV, and put it in the blog.

Kawana Cohen-Hopkins said...

You are absolutely right Rashad. I'll make it my business to take a picture of the car and post it before the end of this week.

~kawana

Mimi "1KO" Sunshine said...

Ridin' in stizyle I see!
Dang....impromptu DJ-ing indeed!