Monday, April 20, 2009

Earth Day Resolution!


Hey folks! It's been awhile since we've talked! I wanna take this time to make a resolution to you (and myself of course) to do better for the environment. For those of you who know me, you know I'm pretty serious about recycling and making sure I take the reusable bags to the grocery store. But I want to take things a little further.

I started this blog to inspire people to be more environmentally aware. I feel like I've lost a bit of that focus. So today, I'm resolving to be a better blogger and environmental advocate. Now, I'm not going to get out on the corner and try to sign you up like the folks at Greenpeace (shout out to Greenpeace!) but I will stay fully committed to this blog and it's purpose. So with that being said......

Earth Day is upon us!!!!!

For those of you who don't know, let me give you a quick history lesson. Earth Day, April 22nd, was started about 40 years ago by a peace activist (you know the hippies had something to do with this) named John McConnell to inspire awareness and appreciation for our environment. Over the years, Earth Day has evolved from a day of teach-ins to a day of service around the world.

I want to ask all of you, especially EPA employees (cause I know some of you read this blog), to get out and do something for the environment for Earth Day. It doesn't have to be a big thing like buying a hybrid or chaining yourself to a tree (but if that's your cause by all means...), but something that shows mother Earth that you appreciate her. And to help you out here's a link to a list of Earth Day activities:

http://www.epa.gov/earthday/events.htm

HAPPY EARTH DAY!!!

No comments: